The Mark III Desiccator Cabinet is a direct development from its popular predecessor.
Following consultation with users, Townson and Mercer have developed a
desiccator/humidity cabinet with a new level of operating excellence.
Applications include the dry storage of specimens, testing specimens under constant
humidity, environmental testing of electrical assemblies, metallic products, natural and
The desiccator cabinet can achieve temperature stability within an hour of setting.
Recommended chemicals, to give different RH values at 20°C, are printed on the cabinet.
Changes in humidity will differ from as little as 0.02% to as much as 0.8% per °C above 20°C.
• Easy setting with a temperature indicated scale.
• Rapid air circulation over the desiccant tray and shelves giving swift stabilisation of
humidity and temperature.
• Stainless steel desiccant tray.
• Controlled temperature distribution over each shelf.
• RH stability between 0 and 100% can be obtained using appropriate substances at
• Spring loaded door mechanism maintaining cabinets seal and internal atmosphere.
• Solid state electronic control and switching, gives greater stability and prolongs life of
• Indication of moisture change from direct reading hygrometer.
• Accurate and controllable up to 50ºC ±1ºC fluctuation.
• All units are CE marked and manufactured to the highest standards under ISO 9001.
Cabinet size (h x w x d mm): External: 570 x 410 x 300
Internal: 430 x 325 x 185
Cabinet: Stainless Steel
Door and shelves: Plate Glass
Fittings: Plated/Painted Steel
Interior finish: Stainless Steel
Exterior finish: Powder coated
Voltage: 220/240 Volts 50/60 Hz
Power: 200 Watts
Net weight: 17kg
(All figures are approximate and exclude protrusions.)
DE/75014 Accessory Thermometer -10 °C to +50 °C
DE/75016 Accessory Thermometer support blocks (pair)